Thursday, April 16, 2009

Holocaust Research

Since I do not have to write this Holocaust aper, I do not have a focused topic. I cannot pick one most interesting or most disturbing piece of information about the holocaust because it is all interesting and disturbing.

A few things I have read have stuck in my mind, and still haunt me. In the camps, the Nazis would have a row of dead bodies that were hung, and they would make the other Jews in the camp walk very slowly past them. Sometimes, the Nazis would tell the prisoners they were getting a shower, but instead they led them to the gas chambers or the ovens. The Jews were sometimes beaten to death, they were starved, hung, worked to death, etc.

The Nazis were horrible people and the way they treated the Jewish people was gruesome and terrible. I honestly do not think something as deadly and horrible like the Holocaust could ever happen again. People are more educated these days and hopefully a leader will never become as powerful and controlling as Hitler became. These days, people accept people a little bit better than they did back then.

Hopefully, something like the Holocaust will never be repeated. In the world today, there are other horrid things taking place that do remind me of the holocaust in ways. Animal cruelty reminds me of the holocaust in ways. Animals, like the Jews in the past do not have a voice, and they are abused and killed in large numbers. It is not as big of a nightmare as the holocaust, but it is still a huge problem. So, say no to furs and other things like that!

No comments: